Killing SEO? Haha, not anybody's cup of tea, no matter what. Although AI technology is blooming with time, search engine optimisation (SEO) will remain constant. The fundamentals of searches begin with 'what' and end with 'how', and SEO has a crucial role to take on. Some are chanting from the top of the building, “SEO is no longer alive”, while others are unaware of the future scope of search engines and how to grow through it. This blog is a permanent full stop to the myths and a ‘comma’ to the potential of what made SEO relevant till now.
First, Let's Talk About SEO
Search Engine Optimisation is a foolproof solution to what you ‘specifically’ want. Information is the content, while it is the engine that makes the pile of content searchable using keywords and depending on the overall functionality of the library, aka website. Unlike direct and Google Ad traffic, it primarily generates organic traffic. It optimises various web page elements, such as content, meta descriptions, and technical aspects, to improve its ranking on search engine result pages.
SEO is More Than Just Rankings!
But wait before you say SEO will be replaced by AI, let's clear out another misconception that it is just meant for getting to the top of search results. Apart from being at the top of Google search results, there are numerous benefits of SEO. It is also about having a presence that is distinguished by user experience and authentic content that is relevant to the trends that engage your audience. The AI content writers are to write repetitive and rather high-levelled texts, well… sometimes they do. It is also widely known that any generative AI at the present moment can generate text which just isn’t true. They conjure facts that are referred to as hallucinations, and the mass-production of skin deep content that is false will do more wrong than good. However, pivoting on the topic of facts, generative AI may produce subpar content but it is a man who wants to publish this very material. You need to fact-check it, including links and visual aids, before publishing. It may take you all of your hours to make your content distinct. Do not be just spellbound by working with generative AI, and remember that in a few minutes; you have already received your first draft, thus time is on our side here.
Can Search Engines Detect AI?
In the continuously changing field of digital marketing and search engine optimization, the role of AI has largely impacted. Marketing, more and especially so in SEO, have decided to use AI more as a way of helping them create content because this is a niche that takes forever but equally ends up costing quite more. However, as the use of AI for content creation rises, an important question emerges: Does AI content detection work well through search engines?
Machine-Generated Content in History
Although this upsurge in machine-generated or automated content creation is unequalled, the concept behind it’s not at all a novel one. As a case in point, every breaking news site has used data from diverse sources to reduce the time taken for content generation. The task is to differentiate among the valuable content such as updating information on recent events, and easily create similar spam type of work from approaches like Markov chains.
With the Advent of Large Language Models (LLMs) and AI chatbots
However, with the introduction of large language models(LLMs) like GPT and fine-tuned AI chatbots such as ChatGPT; interest in AI content has increased. These tools create text based on probability distributions and can yield variable outputs that are however challenging to predict. Nevertheless, the absence in these tools of traditional knowledge causes doubts about consistency and reliability that this information conveys.
Issues with Value Creation Through AI Content
In this case what now may be referred to as “add value” with AI-generated text becomes important, especially in the YMYL subjects where falsehoods are more disastrous. Serious cases of reputable multimedia outlets such as credibly misleading AI-generated information reiterate the importance of nuance, primarily in respect to YMYL issues. In the long term, the question of search engines detecting AI content might be too narrow. The evolving landscape, ethical considerations, and Google's emphasis on content quality will shape the dynamic relationship between AI and SEO.
Fasten Your SEO Belts: Its Role in Building Credibility
As the realm of digital evolves in its speed to fasten, so do search engines seem; especially important when building credibility and sticking with it. With an advancement in technology, AI tools such as CHATGPT and the recent Bard are becoming big players inter mitigating credibility deficiencies, there comes the role of SEO in content perspective to identify and value the original ones over the duplicated versions of the same.
1. Visibility and Ranking: SEO is the basis of online existence. An effective search strategy also ensures high visibility for CHATGPT and Bard whose performance is entirely dependent on the use of algorithms. With search engine result pages, higher ranks have more credibility and trustworthiness on the user’s end.
2. Content Quality and Relevance: ChatGPT and Bard were created to create as well as understand human-like language. SEO serves a vital function with regard to making their content relevant and reliable. These websites make credible the information they provide by helping users focus on keywords and buyer intent. Since most of them contain poor content and do not have the right compliance level for substitute topic or page power, low quality pages mostly lack an appropriate aspect of E-E-A-T. Here are some instances:
- The lack of a sufficient level of EXPERTISE applies to, for instance, restaurant or hotel reviews by someone who never visited the eatery.
- The content creator has a lack of EXPERIENCE or knowledge , for example an article on how to jump out of a plane by somebody who never experienced it.
- The source of the website or content creator is not a reliable (TRUST) one and accountable for topics being discussed about.
3. User Experience: It is no wonder that search engines give preference to websites and platforms which have a seamless user interface. The search engine optimization activities such as the ability to enable one’s website from being optimised with mobile devices, how fast it takes for pages on a given site or blogs click through rate and navigation plays an important role in ensuring that user experience is enhanced. The latter, in turn, proves positively the credibility of platforms such as CHATGPT and Bard.
4. Backlinks and Authority: The great part of SEO is the construction of a site network consisting of quality thematic backlinks. This will enable both CHATGPT and Bard to effectively use this by achieving authority from credible resources. Search engines see content with authoritative links as more credible and a correctly performed strategy can increase the number of such backlinks.
5. The Ability to Adapt with Algorithm Changes: Much like CHATGPT, Bard is an AI based chatbot designed to work efficiently in current environments that are constantly changing and where search engine algorithms are continually being updated. The tool underlying the capabilities of each one of these platforms is SEO, which ensures that they are versatile enough to respond quickly and efficiently to such changes.
6. By TRUST and Reputation: Credibility holds dearness to trust, and SEO is critical in managing an online reputation. With the help of SEO, CHATGPT and Bard can build trust towards its user base by monitoring and replying to reviews from users, optimising content that is received in a positive way within search results. Additionally it would address problems in a quick time frame therefore ensuring people don’t lose hope on their service at all cost. One can hardly question the synergistic equation between search engines and platforms like CHATGPT, Bard in aspects such as validation. However, as conventional technology progresses further, it is necessary for such entities to explore SEO so that they may use this strategy in facing the uncertain digital world. This is because they can ensure that their users are provided with accurate, trustworthy content. And also this will increase the legitimacy of such sources in cyberspace again something else very beneficial both for them and consumer relationship.
So far there is no evidence that people would like auto-generated, reformulated content better than unique curated original content created by a real flesh and blood author/content writer. If your business or content creates value by offering insights, aggregation (also called curation), what’s trending now, recommendations, solving problems, eradicating pain points then there is no way going anywhere for search engines.
- 16/02/2024in Digital Marketing...
- 13/02/2024in TechnologyIn this blog, we will learn all about Google E-E-A-T and how to master and use it to improve your website's SEO performance....